Monday, July 2, 2012

At The End Of The World Or Where I Pay My Respects To Lucin, Utah




The end of the world is located in Lucin, Utah. This is also where the Sun Tunnels live.


Here, at the end of the world, you can watch a fat, sinking sun lick the earth. She leaves the entire planet in her wake, bathing everything in an orange and juicy glow.


You can use the tunnels as a telescope and survey the scrub brushed moonscape. If you're lucky, you may see coy foxes, feisty badgers, giant eared jackrabbits, quiet coyotes, and a snappy little scorpion with extra ordinary powers of persuasion.


You may even want to stop by a honky tonk karaoke bar for those mini cow burgers. 
You know the ones. From the mini cows.


At the end of the world your hair can't help but dance, and you can't help but feel a little sassy. 
It is the end of the world, after all.

4 comments:

JonJon said...

I had to look up where Lucin is located. What on earth were you doing all the way up and over there?

Also, Lucin sounds like the name of a professor in Harry Potter.

Krisanne said...

Lucin is a ghost town near the Sun Tunnels (a landscape installation by artist Nancy Holt). During the summer and winter solstices, the sun aligns with the tunnels at sunset and sunrise. It's rad. Radder than Harry Potter, even.

jenn said...

It is rad indeed. I went a few years ago and had a most incredible experience. You have been to the Jetty too right? Those two were married I believe, Nancy and Robert. I miss you dear. I LOVE these pictures.

Krisanne said...

Jenn, I haven't been to the Jetty yet! I'm dying to go. Yes, I think they were married...what a power couple. I miss you, too! Always!